Apple crumble jars
- 1.4kg (8 medium) Granny Smith (green) apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (160g) sultanas
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (30g) rolled oats
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- Place the apple, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and sultanas in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, for 15–20 minutes or until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). To make the crumble topping, place the flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats and butter in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle over a lightly greased, large baking tray and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool. Divide the apple filling between 4 x 450ml jars and top with crumble topping to serve. Serves 4.
+ Tip: crumble topping can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.