kale and spinach omelette
- 2 stalks kale, trimmed and chopped
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (30g) grated cheddar
- ¼ cup (60g) soft goat’s cheese
- ½ cup (120g) fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 20g unsalted butter
- frozen peas, cooked and crushed, to serve
- Place the kale and spinach in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place the egg yolks, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the kale mixture, parmesan and cheddar and mix to combine.
- Place the eggwhites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Add to the yolk mixture and gently fold to combine. Place the goat’s cheese, ricotta and chives in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt half the butter in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the egg mixture and cook for 5–6 minutes or until just set. Spoon half the goat’s cheese mixture onto one side of the omelette and, using a spatula, carefully fold to enclose. Cook for a further 1 minute, remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining butter, egg mixture and goat’s cheese mixture.
- Place the omelettes on serving plates, top with the peas and sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve. Serves 2
*To trim kale, run a small sharp knife along each side of the firm stem and discard.
There are no comments for this entry yet.