banana, raspberry and coconut bread
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed banana
- 1 cup (160g) frozen raspberries
- ½ cup (25g) sweetened coconut flakes, plus extra, for sprinkling
- 1¾ cups (255g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well to combine. Add the banana, raspberries, coconut, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and golden syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm (2.5 litre-capacity) lightly greased loaf tin lined with baking paper and sprinkle with the extra coconut flakes. Bake for 80–85 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serves 6–8.
donna hay team
Hi Shelly, we haven’t tested this so we can’t guarantee it will turn out the same. Let us know how you go! The DH Team.
Can I use whole meal flour and olive oil instead?