Cinnamon and vanilla oven-roasted granola
- ¾ cup (120g) CSR Rapadura Sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple juice or orange juice
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (480g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (140g) sliced almonds*
- 1 cup (150g) sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (160g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (150g) dried cranberries
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and fresh figs, quartered, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the rapadura sugar and juice in a large bowl and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add the olive oil, cinnamon and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, coconut and cranberries and mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Spread the mixture onto 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 10 minutes. Carefully stir the granola on the trays and then bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays. Spoon into serving glasses and top with yoghurt and figs. Sprinkle with extra sugar to serve. Makes 12 cups.
*You can leave out the almonds if you wish to be nut-free.
Note: To store, place the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Tips + Tricks:
Most of the natural nutrients are retained in unrefined rapadura sugar, which makes it a great choice for this feel-good granola – the perfect start to your morning! It also adds a delicate caramel flavour to this nutritious mix of nuts and seeds.
There are no comments for this entry yet.