- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup (for sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cold milk, to serve
- Place the water and cornflour in a small saucepan and mix it into a paste, using a whisk. Add the maple and place the pan over medium heat. Cook, whisking gently, until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low and sift in the cacao, using a sifter or sieve. Whisk to dissolve and simmer for 2 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the syrup to a small jug and place in the fridge until chilled. Pour about 5 thin strips of syrup down the inside edge of each serving glass to make a stripey pattern. Place in the fridge until ready to serve, then fill the glasses with milk. Makes 6
There are no comments for this entry yet.