one-bowl vanilla cake
- 125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) milk
- Place the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, eggs and milk in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Lightly grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper. Pour the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake for 55 minutes – 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice to serve. Serves 8
There are no comments for this entry yet.