gingerbread easter bunnies
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2½ cups (335g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup (80g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10–12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda and beat until a smooth dough forms. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm-thick. Use a rabbit-shaped cookie to cut out cookies and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the trays.
- Place the icing sugar and water in a bowl and stir to combine. Use icing to pipe faces onto the bunnies and outline the edges. Allow to set. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.