mocha self-saucing pudding
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 70g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- ⅓ cup (35g) Dutch cocoa, sifted
- ½ cup (60g) almond meal
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar, extra
- 2 tablespoons Dutch cocoa, extra
- 2 tablespoons strong instant coffee
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- Dutch cocoa, extra, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the milk, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa, almond meal and sugar and whisk to combine. Place the mixture in a 2-litre-capacity baking dish and set aside.
- Place the extra sugar, cocoa, the coffee and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar and coffee dissolves and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and gently pour over the pudding mixture.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and dust with cocoa to serve. Serves 4–6.
+ When pouring the liquid over the pudding mixture, pour it slowly over the back of a spoon so that it lands gently.
+ Before your puddings go into the oven, place them on a baking tray to catch any spills.
+ Once cooked, allow the puddings to stand at room temperature for a few minutes, so they cool a little and the sauce has a chance to thicken slightly.
+ You can use an ovenproof saucepan, deep-sided frying pan or cake tin to bake your pudding in.
There are no comments for this entry yet.