vanilla ice-cream slice
with espresso syrup and amaretti
- 2 litre rectangular tub vanilla ice-cream
- ½ cup (125ml) strong espresso coffee
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine)sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract single (pouring) cream, whipped, to serve
- 12 amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-coated coffee beans, chopped
- Carefully turn out the ice-cream and cut into 6 slices. Place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and place in the freezer. Place the coffee, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 3–4 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Place the ice-cream on plates and drizzle with the coffee syrup. Top with whipped cream, amaretti and chocolate-coated coffee beans to serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.