blueberry cheesecake icebox pie
- 200g digestive (wheaten-style) biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
- 1½ cups (240g) frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 125g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 2 litres store-bought vanilla ice-cream, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 125g fresh blueberries, to serve
- Place the biscuits and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Press into a lightly greased 18cm 4-cup-capacity (1 litre) pie tin and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place frozen blueberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 6 minutes or until syrupy. Strain, discarding solids. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed for 8–10 minutes or until very soft. Add the ice-cream and beat for 1–2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the blueberry syrup and lemon rind and beat until combined. Spoon over the base and top with fresh blueberries. Freeze for 6 hours or until frozen and ready to serve. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.