basic bolognese sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1kg minced beef
- 2 x 400g cans tomato puree
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a deep frying pan or saucepan over high heat. Add the oil, garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes or until just soft. Add the mince and cook, stirring, until brown.
- Add the tomato puree and stock and rapidly simmer for 10–15 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
- Stir through the parsley, salt and pepper and serve over spaghetti or use as sauce in a lasagne. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.