bourbon marmalade and ginger glazed ham
- 1½ cups (510g) orange marmalade
- 6cm-piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (350g) brown sugar
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) bourbon
- 6kg ham, rind removed+
- whole cloves, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the marmalade, ginger, garlic, sugar, water and mustard in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking to combine. Cook for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add the bourbon and remove from the heat.
- Using a small sharp knife, score the fat of the ham in a diamond pattern and place a clove in the centre of each diamond. Place the ham on a lightly greased wire rack in a large, deep-sided roasting tray lined with aluminium foil and pour over the glaze. Cook, brushing with the glaze every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until golden and sticky. Serve the ham with the glaze. Serves 12.
+ Use a sharp knife to score the skin around the hock before using your fingers to remove the skin from the ham.
There are no comments for this entry yet.