charred miso beef skewers
with pickled cabbage slaw
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 500g beef eye fillet, sliced 4mm-thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (240g) shredded white cabbage
- 3 green onions (scallions), cut into 8cm lengths
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- black sesame seeds, shichimi togarashi and
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Place the miso, tamari, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of the rice wine vinegar in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place half the miso mixture in a small bowl, add the honey and set aside. Add the beef and garlic to the large bowl, toss to coat and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Thread the beef onto 8 metal skewers. Place the cabbage and remaining rice wine vinegar in a large bowl, toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Cook the skewers and the onion for 2–3 minutes each side or until lightly charred.
- Divide the cabbage between the lettuce cups. Top with the beef and onion and drizzle with the honey miso dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, togarashi and shiso to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.