chicken, prawn and tomato paella
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x 200g chicken breast fillet, trimmed and chopped
- 200g green (raw) prawns (shrimp), tails intact
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ cup (150g) medium-grain rice
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 ¼ cup (310ml) chicken stock
- flat-leaf parsley leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and prawns and cook for 4–5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the onion, garlic, chilli and paprika and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the rice, tomato and stock, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Stir through the chicken and prawns and cook for a further 1 minute. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 2.
Made this for tea tonight. The family loved it, even our 8 yr old went back for seconds. Recipe was really easy to follow, quick to make & had great flavours.
I followed this recipe and found that there was a bit too much paprika. next time I will only put in half the specified amount. I loved it though!! It made a really nice dinner!