chilli bean pork neck
- 1 cup (330g) chilli bean paste+
- 4 coriander (cilantro) roots
- 1 x 5cm piece (50g) fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup (180ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Chinese black vinegar
- 1 litre water
- 2kg rolled boneless pork neck, skin on
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the chilli bean paste, coriander, ginger, garlic, soy, cooking wine, black vinegar and water in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the pork in a heavy-based saucepan, pour over the liquid and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 2 hours, turn the pork and cook for a further 1 hour. Remove the lid and cook for a further 30–40 minutes or until the sauce has reduced.
- Serve with steamed rice and Asian greens, if desired. Serves 6.
+ Chilli bean paste is made from ground soy beans and chillies and is available from some supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.