lemongrass and chilli prawns
- 12 medium green (raw) prawns (shrimp), peeled with tails and heads intact
- 6 stalks lemongrass, trimmed
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon grass stalks
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- lime wedges, to serve
- To make the chilli dressing, place the chilli, coriander, lemongrass, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Thread two prawns onto each lemongrass stalk+ and brush with olive oil. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Char-grill or barbecue the prawns for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with the chilli dressing and lime wedges. Makes 6.
+ Cut the end of the lemongrass stalks on an angle to create sharp tips. This will make threading the prawns easier.
There are no comments for this entry yet.