thai fish cakes with chilli dipping sauce
- 800g firm white fish, chopped
- 4 coriander roots
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 eggwhites
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, extra
- 4 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) white vinegar
- ½ cup (110g) white (granulated) sugar
- micro (baby) shiso leaves, to serve
- Place the fish, coriander, ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce, sugar and curry paste in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the eggwhite and pulse to combine.
- Heat 2cm oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. In batches, cook ¼ cup fish mixture, flattening slightly, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden. Heat the extra oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the chilli and cook for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar and bring to the boil. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until syrupy. Serve the fish cakes with chilli sauce and shiso. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.