creamy pea pasta
- 300g wholewheat penne
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 300g baby cavolo nero, trimmed and halved lengthways
- micro (baby) mint, to serve
pea and mint pesto
- 1 cup (140g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 green onions (scallions), roughly chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ⅓ cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente, adding the peas in the last 30 seconds. Drain, reserving 1½ cups (375ml) of the cooking water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the pea and mint pesto. Place the peas, mint, onion, water, pine nuts, parmesan, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the cavolo nero and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add the pasta, pesto and reserved cooking water to the saucepan and gently toss to combine. Top with mint, extra parmesan and extra pine nuts to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.