tomato and crispy garlic fettuccine
- 200g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (70g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 leaves silver beet (Swiss chard), trimmed and chopped
- finely grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, garlic and breadcrumbs and cook for 3–4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tomato, stock, salt and pepper to the pan and cook for 3–5 minutes or until thickened. Add pasta and silver beet to pan and cook for a further 2 minutes or until silver beet is wilted and pasta warmed through. Top with the crispy crumbs and finely grated parmesan to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.