pasta with basil and lemon
- 400g angel hair pasta or linguine
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (60ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup basil leaves, halved lengthwise
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, parmesan, cream and egg yolk until well combined. Pour over the pasta and toss with the basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately with extra parmesan if desired. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.