portuguese-style barbecued seafood platter
- 1½ tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¾ cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 4 scallops on the half shell
- 4 sardines, filleted
- 6 small squid tubes, cleaned
- 6 green (uncooked) king prawns (shrimp), halved
- 2 x 375g raw blue swimmer crabs
- 500g mussels, cleaned
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges and aioli, to serve
- Preheat a large char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Place the smoked and sweet paprika, the chilli, garlic, lemon rind, oil and vinegar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Reserve ¼ cup (60ml) of the mixture.
- Place the scallops, sardines, squid, prawn, mussels and crab on a large oven tray, drizzle with the paprika mixture and toss to coat. Cook the crab, covered+, for 5 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the scallops, shell-side down, and cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm. Add the prawns, sardines and squid and cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until charred and just cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the mussels and cook, covered, for 1–2 minutes or until opened. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges, aioli and reserved dressing. Serves 2.
+ If using a barbecue, close the lid to cover. If using a char-grill pan, cover with a large metal bowl.
There are no comments for this entry yet.