- 6 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- ⅔ cup (80ml) milk
- 3 cups (750ml) pouring (single) cream
- ¼ cup (60ml) brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place cornflour in a bowl, add milk and mix to a smooth paste.
- Place cream in a saucepan over medium–low heat. Whisk in egg and cornflour mixtures, brandy and vanilla. Stir for 4 minutes or until custard is thickened. Serve warm with Christmas pudding. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.