- 1 ½ cup (375g) mascarpone
- ⅔ cup (160ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 18 store-bought sponge finger biscuits
- 1 cup (250ml) dessert wine
- 250g strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- 300g fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream, extra
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- Place the mascarpone, cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Set aside. Lightly grease and line a 7cm x 32cm tin with non-stick baking paper with enough paper to hang over the sides. Dip 6 sponge fingers in wine and place in the base of the tin. Top with half the strawberries and half the raspberries. Spread with half the mascarpone mixture. Dip another 6 sponge fingers in wine, place on top of the mascarpone and top with remaining berries. Top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the remaining sponge fingers in wine and place on top of the mascarpone. Cover with plastic wrap, place on a baking tray and weigh down with cans of food. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Turn out onto a serving plate. Place the extra cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon over the trifle to serve. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.