frozen berry pudding
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3⅓ cups (500g) frozen mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 1¾ cups (435ml) pouring (single) cream
- 1 cup (150g) cherries
- 1 eggwhite
caster (superfine) sugar, to coat
- Place the egg, yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water and beat with a hand-held beater for 4-5 minutes or until heated and frothy. Remove from the heat and beat until pale and thick. Gently fold through the berries. Set aside.
- Beat the cream in an electric mixer until very soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg mixture into the cream until just combined. Spoon into a round pudding bowl, cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- To make the frosted cherries, brush cherries with the eggwhite and roll in the sugar. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and a layer of sugar until set.
- To serve, remove pudding from freezer and dip tin in hot water to loosen. Invert onto a plate, turn out and serve with frosted cherries. Serves 6-8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.