- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
vanilla buttercream icing
- 250g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
- 2 cups (320g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
edible glitter+, to serve
white chocolate pretzel snowflakes
- 12 mini star-shaped pretzels
- 100g white chocolate melts, melted
- 1 tablespoon white sprinkles
- To make the white chocolate pretzel snowflakes, use 2 forks to dip the pretzels into the white chocolate and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle with white sprinkles and set aside until the chocolate has set.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 6 minutes or until pale and smooth. Divide the mixture between a 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) cupcake tin lined with paper cases. Cook for 22–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the vanilla buttercream icing, place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10–12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Place the icing into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm round nozzle and pipe icing onto cupcakes. Top each with a pretzel snowflake and sprinkle with edible glitter to serve. Makes 12.
+ Edible glitter is available at cake decorating stores or online.
There are no comments for this entry yet.