- ⅔ cups (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¼ cup (35g) buckwheat flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ⅓ cup (80g) sour cream
- 1 egg, separated
- Place the plain and buckwheat flours, salt and yeast in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the milk and sour cream in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until lukewarm. Add the egg yolk and whisk to combine. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Cover with a clean, damp cloth and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Whisk the eggwhite until soft peaks form, add to the mixture and stir well to combine.
- Heat a lightly greased, large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook teaspoonfuls of the mixture for 1–2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for 1–2 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool. Makes 30.
There are no comments for this entry yet.