crispy sardines with lemon and mint
- 1kg sardines, cleaned and heads removed
- ¼ cup finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- olive oil, extra, for shallow frying
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the sardines, lemon rind, olive oil, garlic, mint, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Set sardines aside to marinate for 30 minutes. Dust the sardines in the flour.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add 1 cm of the extra oil and cook the sardines, in batches, for 1 minute each side or until golden and crispy. Serve with the lemon wedges. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.