chorizo and garlic prawn pasta
- 400g whole-grain linguine
- 300g air-dried chorizo, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g peeled green (raw) prawns (shrimp), halved lengthways
- micro (baby) flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic, chorizo, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add the prawn and cook for 4 minutes. Add the pasta, reserved cooking liquid and toss to combine. Serve with parsley. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.