duck and snow pea pancakes
- 12 store-bought Chinese pancakes+
- 1½ tablespoon char siu sauce+ (Chinese barbecue sauce)
- 1 cup (160g) shredded Chinese roast duck
- 150g snow peas (mange tout), blanched and thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Place a large saucepan half-filled with water over high heat and bring to the boil. Place 4 of the pancakes in the base of a steamer, place on top of the saucepan, cover with a tight-fitting lid and steam for 30 seconds. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Spread pancakes with the char siu sauce and top with the duck, snow peas, chilli, mint and coriander. Roll up to enclose. Makes 12.
+ Chinese pancakes are available from the refrigerated section of Asian grocers. Char siu sauce is available from supermarkets and Asian grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.