mushroom, pesto and goat's cheese rolls
- 30g butter
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sourdough rolls, halved
- 80g fresh goat’s curd or soft goat’s cheese
- ½ cup (60g) grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- To make the pesto, process the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, oil and salt in a small food processor until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 5–8 minutes or until brown. Set aside.
- Spread rolls with pesto and goat’s curd, top with the cheese and grill (broil) under a preheated hot grill for 1–2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Top with the mushrooms to serve.
There are no comments for this entry yet.