chicken and chorizo tacos
- 250g firm air-dried chorizo, cases removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 small tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, seeded and sliced
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream, plus extra to serve
- 1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- chilli sauce and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the chorizo in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken, chorizo, garlic, chilli, salt and pepper and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 12–15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the avocado, sour cream, black beans and coriander. Serve with the chilli sauce, lime and extra sour cream. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.