chocolate pudding cups
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup (pure and sweet)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup (40g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the butter, cacao, maple and milk in a medium heatproof jug. Place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the jug from the microwave and, using a fork, whisk the mixture until it’s smooth. Break the egg into the jug and add the almond meal and vanilla. Whisk again until it’s all combined. Divide the mixture between 2 small microwave-safe mugs or ramekins.
- Place both mugs in the microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds or until the puddings are set around the edges but still a bit wobbly in the middle.
- Using a tea towel, carefully remove the puddings from the microwave (the mugs maybe hot to handle). Serve warm with vanilla-bean yoghurt or ice-cream on top, if you like. Makes 2
Cups with metallic details don’t mix well with microwaves. Plain ceramic mugs are a good option. If you’re not sure if a mug is microwave-safe, just check with a grown-up.
There are no comments for this entry yet.