mediterranean cucumber salad
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250g haloumi, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into spirals+
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 1 cup (160g) pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup basil leaves
- cracked black pepper, for sprinkling
cucumber, cashew and
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, roughly chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup (75g) roasted cashews
- ¼ cup chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- To make the cucumber, cashew and basil dressing, place the cucumber, basil, cashews, oregano, chives, oil and water in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the haloumi for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Tear the haloumi into small pieces and place in a large bowl with the cucumber, tomato, olive, basil and dressing, and toss to combine.
- Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4.
+ We’ve used a spiraliser tool to cut our cucumbers – they are available from kitchenware and homewares stores. If you don’t have one, you can shred the cucumber with a peeler instead.
Can someone recommend a good brand for a hand held spiraliser - there appear to be lots on the market but many do not get a good review.