with pesto, tomato, basil and ricotta
- 2⁄₃ cup (180g) store-bought pesto
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oxheart tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 150g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, drained and rinsed
- 6 medium zucchini (courgettes), grated
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 2⁄₃ cup (95g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the zucchini base, place the zucchini, parmesan, garlic, egg, flour, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and spread out each to form a 22cm circle. Cook for 35–40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Spread each of the bases with the pesto. Top with the tomato, watercress, basil, ricotta and capers to serve. Makes 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.