baby asparagus with garlic oregano crumbs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (140g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ½ cup oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup (25g) flaked almonds
- 600g baby asparagus (4 bunches)+, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the breadcrumbs, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for
4–5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add the almond and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until the almond is toasted and the crumbs are crisp. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- While the breadcrumbs are cooking, cook the asparagus in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well, place on a large serving platter, and sprinkle over the garlic oregano crumbs and lemon rind.
- Place the lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil in a small bowl, whisk to combine and drizzle over the asparagus to serve. Serves 6–8.
+ If you can’t find baby asparagus, use
3 bunches of regular asparagus.
There are no comments for this entry yet.