- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1¾ cups (310g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
⅓ cup (35g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1¼ cups (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325ºF). Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Pour into a 20cm-square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before slicing. Serve warm or cold. Makes 16 slices.
I love this recipe, I add chunks of chocolate and pull it out about 8-10 mins early so it remains fudgey - it looks underdone but firms up a bit as it cools
Yes I agree with the below 2 comments it’s more of a chocolate cake than the traditional brownie but still yummy.
i think the same as laura - still yum tho
Taste like brownies but the texture is like cake, not the recipe if you want soft, fudge type brownies
Best brownie recipe ever! It’s so good I’m now famous among my friends for my brownie. I like to add walnuts to mine though. Once you try this recipe you will never need to look at another brownie recipe again!