- 400g chocolate, chopped
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur*
- Place the chocolate, condensed milk, vanilla, butter and liqueur in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the chocolate is melted. Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for 3–4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Carefully pour the mixture into a lightly greased 16cm-square tin lined with non-stick baking paper and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Remove from the refrigerator.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the fudge into 4cm squares and wrap each piece in non-stick baking paper. Makes 16.
* You can also use Cointreau, Grand Marnier, triple sec or even an eau de vie to flavour the fudge for adults only.
donna hay team
You can use dark or milk chocolate for this recipe. Milk chocolate will give a softer chewier fudge than dark chocolate. The DH team
Hi there, is the chocolate dark or milk chocolate or doesn’t it matter?