coconut and passionfruit semifreddo
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) pouring (single) cream
- ½ cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut cream+
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk with a hand-held beater for 3–4 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and whisk for a further 3–4 minutes or until cool. Set aside.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the passionfruit pulp through the cream until just combined. Gently fold the egg mixture and the coconut cream into the passionfruit mixture until just combined. Pour the mixture into a 5-cup capacity dish and freeze for 4–6 hours or overnight. Scoop to serve. Serves 4–6.
+ Use pure coconut cream (no water added) for extra creaminess.
There are no comments for this entry yet.