pear and almond tart
- 90g butter, softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- ¼ cup (40g) plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Packham’s pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar, extra
- raw sugar, for sprinkling
- double (thick) cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until just combined. Add the eggs, almond meal, flour, baking powder and lemon rind and process until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 9.5cm x 33cm loose-bottom fluted tart tin.
- Place the pears and extra brown sugar in a bowl and toss to coat. Press the pears into the tart mixture and bake for 35–40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Sprinkle with raw sugar and allow to cool in the tin. Serve with double cream.
I was a little disappointed with this recipe, In my opinion its not really a tart.. more a cake… and lacked flavour, quite bland.