char-grilled satay chicken wings
- ½ cup (140g) smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 2 large long red chillies, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1.2kg chicken middle wings+
- peanut oil, for brushing
- sliced green onion (scallion), sliced baby cucumbers (qukes) and chopped roasted salted peanuts, to serve
- Place the peanut butter, coconut milk, chilli and fish sauce in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Remove 1 cup of the marinade and reserve. Add the chicken wings to the large bowl and toss to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Thread the wings onto 8 metal skewers and brush with oil. Cook for 4–5 minutes each side or until chicken is charred and cooked through. Serve with the reserved satay sauce, extra chilli, onion, baby cucumbers and peanut. Serves 4.
+ Ask for chicken middle wings at your local butcher.
There are no comments for this entry yet.