roasted cauliflower couscous
and chicken salad
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (35g) store-bought dukkah
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1.2kg cauliflower, core removed, roughly chopped
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on
- ¼ cup (40g) currants
- ½ cup (80g) roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
preserved lemon dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the oil, dukkah, tarragon, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In batches, place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs. Spread the cauliflower evenly over two baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with half the oil mixture and toss to combine. Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30–40 minutes until evenly golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Place the chicken and garlic on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and drizzle with the remaining oil mixture. Roast for 15–20 minutes or until golden and crisp and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly, and slice.
- To make the preserved lemon dressing, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a bowl and use a fork to mash into a paste. Add the oil, preserved lemon, lemon juice and honey and mix to combine.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl with the currants, almond, mint and kale. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Divide between serving bowls and top with the sliced chicken. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.