baked mushroom, bacon
and spinach risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, rind removed, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (150g) arborio rice
- 2 ¼ cups (560ml) chicken stock
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 20g butter
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place in a 5 cup-capacity (1.25L) ovenproof dish with the rice and stock and stir to combine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until most of the stock is absorbed and rice is al dente.
- Stir through the spinach, parmesan, butter, salt and pepper. Serves 2.
Great easy dish and tastes excellent.