crispy chopped salad
- 1 fennel bulb
- ½ cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 200g baby mixed leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- sea salt and craked black pepper
To make the lemon dressing, place the lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Place the fennel, green onion, celery, basil, mixed leaves and lemon dressing in a bowl. Serve with dressing on the side. Serves 6.