new caesar salad with oat croutons
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 baby cos lettuce, outer leaves removed and quartered
- 2 avocados, seeds removed and
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives,
- ⅓ cup (80ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, flaked almonds, maple syrup, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Spread the mixture out on a large, lightly greased baking tray and bake, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make the buttermilk dressing, place the buttermilk, parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Divide the lettuce and avocado between 4 bowls. Top with the buttermilk dressing, oat croutons and chives to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.