smoked trout, crispy bagel and avocado salad
- 1 avocado, quartered
- 150g smoked trout slices
- 200g wild rocket (arugula) leaves
- 8 store-bought bagel crisps
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and drained
red onion dressing
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
To make the red onion dressing, place the lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the oil, onion, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
Divide the trout, rocket, avocado, bagel crisps, green onion and capers between plates and spoon over the red onion dressing to serve. Serves 4.