spiced pomegranate and orange glazed ham
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 6kg ham, rind removed+
- 4 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the cinnamon, star anise, orange juice, sugar, molasses and honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cook for 3 minutes
or until syrupy.
- Place the ham on a lightly greased wire rack in a large, deep-sided roasting tray lined with aluminium foil. Brush with the glaze and layer with orange slices, overlapping slightly. Carefully brush again with the glaze. Cook, brushing with glaze every 20 minutes, for 40 minutes. Increase oven to 200°C (400°F). Brush again with the glaze and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Serve the ham with the remaining glaze. Serves 12.
+ Use a sharp knife to score the skin around the hock before using your fingers to remove the skin from the ham.
There are no comments for this entry yet.