sweet potato, haloumi
and almond pappardelle
- 2 medium sweet potato (kumara), peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup (120g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 200g haloumi, chopped
- 400g pappardelle
- 1 cup (240g) mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the sweet potato, oil, chilli, salt and pepper on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the almond and haloumi to the tray and cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta, cooking liquid, mascarpone and lemon rind to the pan and mix to combine.
- Serve the pasta topped with the sweet potato mixture and sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.