tandoori prawn skewers
with roti and lime yoghurt dressing
- ¼ cup (75g) tandoori curry paste
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) lime juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 16 large green (uncooked) tiger prawns (shrimp) (about 1kg)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 4 store-bought roti
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the curry paste, half the yoghurt, half the lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the prawns, toss to coat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Place the ginger, remaining yoghurt and remaining lime juice in a small bowl and mix to combine. Heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Cook the roti for 1–2 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Thread the prawns onto 16 metal skewers, brush with oil and grill, turning occasionally, for 4–5 minutes or until charred and cooked. Serve the prawns with the roti, coriander, chilli, lime wedges and lime yoghurt dressing. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.