roasted tomato, eggplant and haloumi burger
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, thickly sliced
- olive oil, for brushing
- 4 burger buns, halved
- 1 eggplant (aubergine), thinly sliced
- 250g haloumi, sliced
- harissa mayonnaise
- caramelised red onions and rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Place the tomato on a baking tray and brush with oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
- Brush the bun halves with oil and place on a baking tray. Grill (broil) under a preheated hot grill for 1 minute or until golden. Set aside. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush the eggplant with oil and char-grill or barbecue for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Brush the haloumi with oil and char-grill or barbecue for 1 minute each side or until golden. Spread the bun halves with harissa mayonnaise and top with the tomato, eggplant, haloumi, caramelised onions and rocket leaves to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.