- 1.5kg corned silverside or brisket
- 3 bay leaves
- 12 peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- ⅓ cup (80ml) malt vinegar
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 6 pickling onions
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- Place the beef in a large, heavy-based deep saucepan. Add the bay leaves, peppercorns, cloves, vinegar, sugar, onions and enough water to cover. Place over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes or when the beef is firm to the touch. Add the carrots in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Use a slotted spoon to occasionally skim the foam from the surface. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.